Polaris Vac-Sweep 65 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
This Polaris Vac-Sweep 65 is one of Zodiac’s most popular above ground pool cleaner. It is simple regarding design but has enough power to vacuum most of the pools irrespective of their surfaces. Polaris cleans deeper pools with nonuniform bottoms with ease. With its 24ft hose, the pressure side pool cleaner can clean every area of a typical above ground pool.
The machine working principle is simple but effective, i.e., using the existing filtration system to create jets of water strong enough to loosen debris after which they are collected in the filter bag. And like most Polaris models, the cleaner neither needs the skimmer not the pool filter to eliminate debris from your pool. In other words, the gadget doesn’t put pressure on your pool filtration system.
The pressure Polaris 65 uses to clean your pool also improves the circulation of water in your above ground pool reducing the need for frequent chemical treatments. The fact that this machine comes from a leading brand means it is worth its salt in every sense.
Features & Benefits
The aesthetic but straightforward design aside, Polaris Va-Sweep 65 has more features to that endears many to it. Here are some of the highlights:
- The machine has a Unique Filter Bag capable of trapping dirt and twigs
- Uses water pressure and doesn’t need the pool filter to eliminate debris. That way you pool filtration can last longer
- Does not attach to the pool skimmer. The skimmer is free to remove contaminants.
- Has a Jet Sweep Assembly that helps it clean the walls and remove debris even from pool corners.
Above features plus the fact that Polaris 65 installs in minutes, contribute to the cleaners popularity and the reason for the positive reviews ti enjoys from users.
✅ Why Buy Polaris Vac-Sweep 65 Pool Cleaner?
If you have an above the ground pool (not longer than 24ft) that needs regular cleaning but you don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars to get the job done, Polaris 65 is your best bet. The above ground pool cleaner has not only installs in minutes; it won’t add to your energy. Yes, the machine uses water pressure and works without a booster pump.
The fact that Polaris cleans deeper pools with uneven bottoms makes this a choice for most above ground pool owners. The pressure cleaner, though cheap and of simple design, can handle large debris and reach hard-to-reach places in your pool to leave your pool sparkling.
The good news is, you can get at even a lower price on Amazon.
✅ Buying Checklist
The decision to buy a pool cleaner is a good one. But it will work in your favor if you to decide from the point of information. From the type of pool cleaner to pick from brand to model, a lot of factors come into play. Now that you’ve settled on buying Polaris 65, let’s look at a few things that you should counter check before making the order:
Size of the pool: Polaris 65 can clean pools up to 24ft long. So, check if your pool fits that length or is less. You may want to look for a different pool cleaner for anything longer than 24ft
- The efficiency of the Cleaner: Polaris is a simple Pressure side cleaner with enough power to clean even uneven pool bottoms, but it doesn’t have enough power to clean Intex If you have an Intex pool, try looking for another above ground cleaner
- Consumption of Energy: Polaris uses water pressure to clean and need no additional pumps to work. It is energy efficient, using no more power than what runs your pump
- Dependency on the Filtration System: Zodiac’s 65 doesn’t depend on your filter to clear debris from the pool. It is an excellent choice to save your filtration system from wear and tear.
- Ease of Use: Thanks to its simple user guide, the cleaner is the easiest to install and run
Don’t forget to insist on a warranty, confirmation of all the features and above all a return policy. Better still, you can call the dealer and have them clear all your doubts before making the order.
✅ How to use Polaris Vac-Sweep 65 Pressure
Polaris 65 Pressure Cleaner is the easiest to install. In fact, unlike other pressure cleaners, it’s set up manual is straightforward. You may not need any help installing this machine even if you are a first time user. Polaris user guide has tips on backwashing, storage and winterizing, etc.
Here is how you install Polaris 65:
- Connect the long hose at the back of your unit
- Connect your net hose and connect to the bottom of the cleaner
- Throw the whole unit into the water and attach it to the return line
- Turn the pump on and let it run for a while to get rid of air
- You are good to go
In case the hose is coiled from months of storage, leave it in the sun for 24, and it will soften. To clean the filter bag, turn off the pool pump remove the filter bag and turn it on inside out over a trash can. A word of caution, never run the Polaris without a filter screen, it damages the cleaner
Pros and Cons
The Polaris Vac-Sweep 65 gets mixed reviews with some user giving it A+ while others point out some shortcomings. However, all reviews agree that the pressure cleaner is:
- Easy to install and operate
- Easy to empty and clean
- Works quietly
- Cleans both the bottom and sides of the pool.
- Equipped with a filter bag that prevents debris from reaching pool filter hence saving the pool filtration system from wear and tear
Zodiac’s 65 model, as hinted before has a few challenges. Some users have not appreciated the fact that the Polaris:
- Lacks enough power to clean Intex pools
- Has no anti-tangling mechanism
Be sure to read more reviews on Amazon to help you make even a more informed decision. Bottom line though, Polaris 65 has more pros than cons and therefore a worthy investment
Do you have a deep above ground pool with the uneven bottom? Well, Polaris 65 has the technology to clean up to 5ft deep. The cleaner is not just easy to assemble and use but also has a long hose (24ft) to cover every inch of your pool. Yes, 65 may not clean Intex pools and may sometimes tangle, but it has a lot going for it to compensate for that’s
Polaris 65 fits the bill of a simple cleaner that won’t put pressure on your pool filtration system and leaves your free skimmer to concentrate on decontaminating your pool.